How to do Mountain Climbers
What are Mountain Climbers?
Looking for an explosive bodyweight exercise that engages multiple muscle groups? Meet the mountain climber. Designed to improve balance, agility, coordination and flexibility, this dynamic exercise uses nearly every muscle group in your body to burn calories and gain definition.
There’s no equipment necessary, making this a great on-the-go cardio move that will raise your heart rate and get you moving. See below for a step-by-step guide and some helpful tips.
MOUNTAIN CLIMBER TIPS
- Stay tight and tall. Engage your core, avoid hunching your back, keep your glutes aligned with your spine and hands directly beneath your shoulders.
- Pick up your feet. Go as fast as you can, increasing your leg speed as you get more confident and experienced.
Equipment: No equipment required
- Start in a push up position with your hands shoulder-width apart directly beneath your shoulders.
- As quickly as you can, pull your right knee towards your chest without letting it touch the floor, then return to the start position.
- Repeat step 2 with your left leg.
- Continue until you have completed the required amount of reps.